Yes! "A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear." God allowed us to treat 200 children in 4 days with the amazing help of Allison Brown as our translator and "right arm". We couldn't have done it without her. For those who know me, you know that I don't speak Spanish, but there was one word that I needed to learn, and I needed to say it to every child, "BONITA" (beautiful)! I only had a few minutes with each child and not knowing Spanish can be very frustrating. After I finished polishing teeth, I decided that I would get really close to each child and grin really big so that they would grin back at me and when they did I would say, "BONITA!" I so wanted them to know that they were beautiful and that they were treasured.
Our 4 days in the dental clinic went too quickly, but it is a time that I will never forget. It is my prayer to return and continue to help David and Colynn give dental care to the children of Mission Lazarus. Let the Spanish lessons begin!
"Una sonrisa es la cosa bonita que tu puedes usar!"
Thank you for sharing this, Suzy! Sounds wonderful! Can't wait to hear more details when you are here with us. We are counting down the days:) Love you!
ReplyDelete